Sample Login Technician
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 12 am - 8:30 am
The Sample Login Technician I assists the Staff with the proper receipt, documentation and storage of environmental samples.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 0-1 years
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive samples from Alpha staff and/or clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Record sample conditions and document any discrepancies noted upon receipt.
- Review chain-of-custody paperwork and compare to samples received for accuracy.
- Entry of sample receipt information into Alpha’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Print and affix tracking labels on all containers.
- Transfer samples to appropriate custody locations.
- Assist with the other Sample Receipt / Custody related duties as necessary.
- Actively participate in the company’s Continuous Improvement Program.
- Able to lift coolers; up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Must be a quick learner and detail oriented
- Must be a team player, but also able to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an ability to organize and prioritize work
- Basic computer skills
- Strong oral/written communication